How to Get Involved
Volunteers help plan and lead
refreshments, conversations, and activities ranging from exercise &
sports to arts & crafts, music & drama at Homestead Coop in East
Davis. A senior mentor always accompanies less experienced volunteers.
Dropin: Homestead Co-op - 5-7pm on 2nd Thursdays.
- Provide refreshments.
- Introduce table talk topics and keep
- Suggest and lead after-lunch
activity - toss a ball, call Bingo.
- Play guitar or piano to accompany
Sing-Along (folk song books provided).
- Lead warm-up exercises and
entry-level dancercise (hip hop abs DVD provided).
- Lead book club, entry-level drama or
- Organize and manage a ping-pong
tournament (equipment provided).
- Organize and manage a fashion show
(from thrift store choices).
- Experienced volunteers might also
help escort groups to such community events as the Wednesday night
Davis Farmers Market concerts.
Please phone the NAMI-Yolo Helpline at
530-756-8181 and leave your name and phone number with a request
for information about Yolo CAN-Do. Or
send an email to